The Conservation Foundation (TCF) is one of the region’s oldest and largest not-for-profit land and watershed conservation organizations. Founded in 1972, TCF has helped preserve 35,000 acres of open space, restored and cleaned miles of rivers and streams, and educated thousands of kids by engaging them in nature and the outdoors. Work is focused in DuPage, Kane, Kendall and Will Counties to preserve and restore nature at the local level, and to provide a reasoned voice for conservation.
We are seeking a Director of Advancement to oversee the fundraising and marketing efforts of the organization.
- Full Time- Exempt
- Competitive salary and benefits, including professional development
- Flexible work schedule, local and regional travel required
- Office location- McDonald Farm, 10 S 404 Knoch Knolls Rd., Naperville, Illinois
- Website- www.theconservationfoundation.org
The Director of Advancement will direct and oversee all development and marketing efforts for the organization. Development goals will include the financial support needed for the Foundation’s annual operations, special programs, and long-term financial security. Emphasis will be on major gifts, planned gifts, special events, membership development, annual giving and capital programs, and operating/program grants. The Director of Advancement will be responsible for all marketing efforts of the organization including all written, printed, internet-based and social media communications, and volunteer management. The Director of Advancement leads and supervises a team of professional staff, reports to the President/CEO and works with the Board of Trustees.
· Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in fundraising and development with demonstrated experience in major gifts and capital campaigns.
· Demonstrated ability to work with a Board of Trustees, staff and volunteers to effectively identify, cultivate, solicit and procure gifts from prospective donors.
· Experience with project, grant and contract administration/coordination.
· Experience in leading, supervising and motivating staff under direct supervision.
· Experience and understanding of current marketing principles and strategy.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Genuine passion for preserving open space and conserving natural resources.
· Experience and demonstrated ability in public speaking and presenting messages to various audiences.
· Able to work well with others and to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a professional manner; must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
· Persistence, sense-of-humor and entrepreneurial spirit welcomed.
Deadline to Apply: January 4, 2019; Projected start date- March 15, 2019
Submit professional qualifications to Brook McDonald, President/CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.