The Conservation Foundation has worked with all types of public agencies in the region. Whether it is bringing non-traditional partners together to address a common issue, negotiating a critical land deal to create a new park or, forest preserve or developing a brochure on where stormwater goes, foundation staff has technical knowledge and practical experience in bringing people together.
The Conservation Foundation offers several technical workshops each year in conjunction with DuPage County Stormwater Division. We can also work with other organizations to tailor workshops to your technical needs.
- Suggest topics
- Offer location & assistance in promotion
- Participate as a speaker to showcase projects in your service area
Beyond the Basics Stormwater Management Conference
- Submit presentations to show off projects in your service area
- Participate as a sponsor of the event
Education & Outreach Opportunities for MS4 Permit Requirements
- Have special outreach needs? We can help develop or round out an education and outreach program in your community.
- Resources – we have developed many print and web resources to help increase public awareness on issues related to healthy watersheds
- Partner with us to bring Conservation@Home to your community with presentation and workshop offerings
- Participate in our Community Rain Barrel Sales program
- Buy & Hold Program – We work with all types of public agencies to purchase land quickly and hold until the agency put together the funds for the acquisition
- Negotiations – Sometimes landowners are more comfortable working with a non-governmental organization when selling their family lands
- Strategic Land Conservation Planning – we can help bring together a diverse group of stakeholders to guide conservation planning into the future
- Open Space Referenda – we have successfully run many campaigns to raise public dollars to support land acquisition and management